Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My 1st Hindu- West Indies Wedding and my 1st trip to Canada...

So Thursday the hubby and I left for Canada. Our trip began with a flight to Buffalo. We boarded the plane, then we were told the plane's computer was not working and we needed to exit. We waited at the gate for about an hour and they told us to go to another gate that we would be catching a new plane in about an hour. So...we ended up getting there pretty late, but better to be safe. We picked up our rental car, which was sooo expensive for some reason they had all these little extra fees and the lady talked us into getting some insurance crap that she said we would HAVE to have to cross the border (and we did NOT need it).  So we started driving on our way to Ontario and then we are at a dead stop....Border Control!! about an hour and half later we made it to the front of the line and it took us 2 seconds to go through. The hubby was GREAT! He did all the driving while I slept, I was soooo tired.

We finally made it to our hotel around 1 am and we were pooped. Next day we went to spend time with his family, then off to the Hindu Ceremony. It was nice, very casual, nothing fancy except all of the outfits and LOONG, but a great experience. The bride's outfit was AMAZING, red & gold and beaded all over. It started at 4:30 and ended at 1:30, but we left around 11:30. It was a long day and we made it through the ceremony, dinner and a little dancing, so we headed back to get some rest.

Next morning, we woke up bright and early and headed down to Niagra Falls, Maid of the Mist. It was such a wonderful experience. We got there early, made it in the first group & just so happen to pick the best spot on the boat. I LOVED it. It was soooo cool, we were so close to the falls and the mist from it was pouring down on us like rain. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

Here we are at the falls!

Then, back to the hotel to nap and get ready for wedding day 2. This was the more american version and the "reception". I was immediately more impressed when I walked in, the place was nice, there was an open bar and nice decorations- Oh, and did I mention 500 people! Yeah, it was crrraazzzzy!!! So from about 5-10:30 they did entrances and speeches along with appetizers & dinner. Then, from about 11:30-1:30 everyone danced the night away.

Around 1 o'clock fights started breaking out...yes, fights. I was scared at first and think I said several times, "this is so ghetto, who comes to a wedding and fights, how rude". Then, Allan and a couple other people were saying that this is normal for a west indies wedding, so I calmed down and continued to enjoy myself. It was a really nice wedding and I was so happy to be able to meet all of Allan's family.

So when the night was finally over we walked across the street to our hotel and went to sleep. Next day we got up early to head to the airport as we were not sure how long border control would take and it took no time at all, so we stopped at the outlet. I got some new shades and AL got some new sneakers, then we headed to the airport and caught our flight home. We were pooped from all the traveling, so we picked up the pups, went to dinner and hung out at the house with friends.

My 1st West Indies/Hindu wedding was a good experience. It was a long experience of 2 8 hour wedding days, but I enjoyed myself and so happy we made it to the falls while we were there. I got to meet a lot of Allan's family members, so that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment