Wow, time flies. I cannot believe my baby girl is 6 weeks old already. I am a little sad to think my maternity leave is halfway over, but I know it is for "our best". Meaning- to each is own, but for me and Allan the most important thing for us is that our children have all the opportunities in the world. We want to provide them with a beautiful, loving home, the best schools and if they want to play sports, take acting classes, play an instrument or go to Harvard some day- we want to be able to provide that to them.
Some things I have learned from mommy hood are:
- It is AMAZING! You never can imagine how much you could love someone- and seeing your husband with your baby is the best feeling in the world
- You can never have enough bibs- spit up happens A LOT!
- You think you didn't sleep while you were pregnant with the frequent pees, but ha, now you really don't sleep! (Well, maybe not everyone, I am just a really light sleeper and it takes me a long time to fall asleep)
- Trust your instincts- if you think something is wrong with your baby, you are probably right
- You will co-sleep- maybe not for long, but we did it for a few hours every night the first month
- cutting babies nails is super duper frightening- do it at their first nap after bath time while the nails are soft
- Only the socks that are tight around the ankles will stay on- you are wasting money on the rest
- Losing the baby weight is HARD! my whole body still aches from the 9 months of pregnancy and the laboring. I am down 18 and have about 24 more to go, but they are not budging, the 18 came off after the first week just from fluid